progress report: what do we have so far for this crazy project



Update: since it's been a bit, today I refamiliarized myself with the basics of rotoscoping. Practicing with footage I took of friends, I practiced the basics and though more about what I wanted to do with it. I know this won't be a completely rotoscoped project, so I need to think about and plan what specific scenes will be animated/have animated aspects. I also took some dark footage this weekend on my bus ride back to school from a weekend at home. I think there's a very specific feeling to riding a bus at night and I want to try and capture that for the beautiful mundane. I played around with ridiculous UFO related things, like a stop motion animation and recording a homemade poorly made space craft. I think this part of the process is a lot about experimenting and gathering things that will maybe appear in my project. I'll be doing a lot more filming this weekend and more planning and hopefully more rotoscoping, because it takes so long.. 



Comments