Pre Ideas

w e l c o m e

I'm not sure how to describe myself and my world... I've always wanted to be an artist, and sometimes the thought and want of that freezes me and I'm unable to actually create. I'm most happy when I'm experiencing art in basically any form, and watching movies, any movies, is what gives me the most inspiration. I guess I like drawing, painting, sculpting, writing, and filming. And learning. 

Recently, my work has tended to focus on daily mundane phenomena, a cliche but helpful way to describe: "finding the beauty in the small things" which sounds gross but I'm all about the idea. I want desperately to be a storyteller but creatively recently have drifted away from the story/narrative aspect. Because I don't see any harm in following this, I want to try and reign in a lot of my creative ideas that seem to be all over the place. 
I want to rotoscope. I want to ask questions in my work but not try to answer them. I want to explore what creativity stems from and themes I have no particular reason to incorporate. Like aliens. I want to create a multi-part film, possibly 3-5 parts, each one looking at a starting question but definitely departing from it. The image and plan of it in my head are quite clear even though it's not frame for frame. I'm sure it will change and develop when it becomes real, but currently I'm okay with it being hard to grasp because that might be part of it.

into:

A Town Called Panic
The Thief and the Cobbler


The Darjeeling Limited
NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind


The Adventures of Prince Achmed



Initial Inspirations for project:


https://www.traceloops.com/

Bill Brown
Wes Anderson
Naomi Uman
Jonas Mekas
Izabela Plucinska 


Naomi Uman's Private Movie (2000, 6 min.)

Waking Life Richard Linklater, 2001
Roswell, Bill Brown

Snack & Drink, Tommy Pallotta




























Comments